Travel the Lands of Catholicism
Renew and grow your faith as you see the most beloved holy shrines around the world. New for 2011, walk a portion of the Way of St. James in Santiago de Compostela and experience the route that pilgrims have been walking for a thousand years. Hear the stories behind some of the holiest Marian shrines of Europe, including Lourdes and Fatima. Learn about the lives of St. Francis of Assisi, St. Clare, St. Therese, St. Patrick, and St. Padre Pio. Travel the Lands of Catholicism vacations bring you closer to your faith while also allowing you to experience the local culture and history behind the sites.
What Can You Experience?
- St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican, home of the Catholic faith
- Assisi, hometown of St. Francis and St. Clare
- Lourdes, where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858
- Santiago de Compostela
- Fatima, where the Virgin Mary appeared to three children in 1917
- Visit the early Christian monastic site founded by St. Kevin in the 6th Century in Glendalough